Early Head Start Programs in Spartanburg, SC
Children benefit greatly from attending Early Head Start programs. Explore the various types of early programs available with in-home services overseen by Spartanburg County First Steps.
Types of Early Head Start Programs
Enrollment in Head Start provides a wealth of services to families. Children receive a high-quality education that prepares them for school. Developmental screenings are available as well. Families also receive referrals for dental and medical services, disability services in conjunction with local school districts, free counseling when warranted, and approved meals from the Child and Adult Care Food Program. Extended day care is also available through the ABC voucher program.
Pregnant women and families with a child between birth and three years of age can receive free in-home services. These services include a weekly home visit by a Family Service Specialist. The visits include various developmental activities that foster learning during play. The specialist will perform developmental assessments in conjunction with the activities. Pregnant women receive counseling regarding prenatal and postpartum child development, health, nutrition, and mental health support.
The Early Head Start Program staff is committed to achieving the following program goals with every family.
- Parental and caregiver empowerment by encouraging parental involvement to foster positive relationships between parents and children
- Mobilization of communities to support families to be healthy and productive
- Celebration of every child’s inherent uniqueness by offering services to all eligible children and their families
- Emphasis on the importance of the Head Start programs to give children a positive learning environment during the early years
- Collaboration with various entities to create a support network for children and their families
Contact us for more information about goals, principles, and services available from the Early Head Start program.